COVID-19 travel updates for international students
Effective as of December 2021
Stay updated on the latest COVID-19 announcements:
Hanson College is offering complimentary airport pick-up service to get you from Toronto Pearson Airport to your final destination safely.
To register for your complimentary airport pick-up service, please complete the Settlement Services Application Form with limited accommodations upon request.
Don’t forget to download your Confirmation of Registration Letter from your myCambrian account by following the instructions below:
- Login to the myCambrian portal
- Go to the “Important Links” section
- Click on the Hanson Student tab and login
- Scroll down and click on Confirmation of Registration Letter – Winter 2022
- Make sure you have this ready and accessible before travelling
Latest announcement from the Government of Canada:
There is a travel ban in the following Southern African countries: South Africa, Mozambique, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Botswana, Lesotho, Eswatini, Egypt, Malawi, and Nigeria to prevent the spread of the OMICRON COVID-19 variant.
Fully vaccinated travellers who have been in any country other than Canada and the United States in the 14 days prior to entry to Canada must take a COVID-19 test and quarantine in a suitable place until they receive a negative test result back.
You can use this guide to help you develop a suitable quarantine plan to enter Canada.
Your “Proof of Vaccination” when entering Canada:
As of January 15, 2022, International Students will only be allowed entry to Canada if they are:
- 18+ years old
- Have at least 2 doses of a Canada-approved vaccine or
- A mix of 2 Canada-approved vaccines
If you were vaccinated with 2 doses outside of Canada:
- Register on ArriveCAN prior to travelling to Canada
- Sign in to ArriveCAN once you have successfully registered
- Upload your vaccination receipts on your account
- Watch a step-by-step guide on how to use ArriveCAN here
Government of Canada-approved vaccines when travelling to Canada:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Sinopharm (as of November 30, 2021)
- Sinovac (as of November 30, 2021)
- COVAXIN (as of November 30, 2021)
If you were vaccinated with 2 doses in Canada:
- You should have received an Ontario Ministry of Health Certificate:
- To acquire your Enhanced Proof of Vaccination with QR Code:
- Call the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900
- Contact centre hours – 8:00AM to 8:00PM EST (Monday to Sunday)
- When you have your Enhanced Proof of Vaccination with QR Code:
Download the Verify Ontario App (available on Google Play and the App Store)
- Open the app and scan the QR Code on your Enhanced Proof of Vaccination
- The Verify Ontario App will show a verification that you are fully vaccinated
Travel Advice and Advisories:
Destination-specific travel information with important advice to help you make informed decisions. This information will help you travel safely while you are abroad.
Study Permit and Work Permit Guides:
Job Search Resources:
Residence Search Resources:
If you have any questions or concerns – please reach out to our Settlement Services Team: email@example.com