International Applicants/ Students

As a Designated Learning Institution (DLI), Hanson College of Business, Health and Technology can accept international students

For updates on Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) eligibility, please visit the website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada, a ministry of the Government of Canada.

IRCC Policy Changes FAQs

On January 2024, IRCC announced changes to the international student permit policy. 

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on International Student Cap

1: How does the new cap announced in the policy changes on international student permits affect Hanson College? 
A: The cap may impact the number of new international students we can admit for the 2024 and 2025 academic years. We are assessing the situation and will provide updates as they become available.
2: Are current Hanson College international students affected by this announcement?

A: No, current students and those who have already obtained their study permits are not impacted by this cap.

3: What is Hanson College doing in response to policy changes? 
A: We are in close communication with relevant authorities and are exploring all possible measures to support our prospective and current international students.  

Students who enroll for May 2024 intake will receive a $2,000 scholarship* and will have their application fee waived. They can also expect to receive a response to their admission application quickly.

4: Will there be changes to program offerings for international students at Hanson College due to the policy changes? 
A: As of now, there are no changes to our program offerings. We are committed to maintaining the quality and diversity of our programs.

5: What advice does Hanson College offer to students planning to apply for the 2024 and 2025 intakes? 
A: We advise students to stay informed about any new developments and to contact our admissions team for personalized guidance. Students should apply for the May 2024 intake as soon as possible.

6: How will Hanson College assist students who might be affected by the policy changes? 
A: We are dedicated to guide affected students through their options, including potential program changes or deferment.

7: Will the policy changes affect the eligibility for Post-Graduation Work Permits (PGWPs)? 
A: Students applying for the May 2024 intake will not be affected. Students already enrolled will not be affected. The changes affect eligibility for PGWPs for apply for Sept. 2024. We recommend students stay updated on any further announcements from IRCC.

8: Where can students find more information and updates? 
A: Please visit our website regularly and contact our international student office for the most current information and support. Please also regularly visit the IRCC website  for any updates.  


Terms and Conditions: Scholarship will comprise a credit of $1,000 per semester for the first 2 semesters of study at Hanson.  Recipients must enroll in a Cambrian at Hanson diploma program for the May 2024 intake.