About the program
This two-year post-graduate certificate program will focus on understanding the cloud service models; the financial, technological and organizational implications of migrating to the cloud; the storing and sharing of data using the cloud; and the security and privacy implications of cloud computing. In semester four, students are expected to complete a mandatory 15-week paid co-op work term which will offer hands-on professional experience and industry connections.
To be considered, applicants require a post-secondary diploma or degree from an Ontario College or equivalent, including:
- Graduate of a recognized two or three-year post-secondary I.T. related program
- Graduate of a recognized two or three-year post-secondary program, and relevant work experience in the I.T. industry (may be considered on an individual basis)
Applicants from non-English-speaking countries must achieve the minimum requirements of an overall IELTS score of 6.5 band less than 6 issued in the past 24 months. A Duolingo score of 120+ is also required for all post-graduate certificate programs.
All other acceptable tests and results for admission can be found here.
- Exemptions may be granted to international students from certain countries who have completed at least 3 years of formal academic studies in which English was the medium of instruction.
- Students can also satisfy the English language proficiency requirement by successfully completing the EAP program offered by Hanson Language School. Applicants are required to obtain a minimum score on the English Placement Test before final approval and completion of their registration. As a result of widespread suspension of IELTS and other testing platforms during the COVID-19 pandemic, Cambrian College will temporarily accept the Duolingo English Test, IELTS Indicator and the TOEFL-iBT® Special Home Edition to demonstrate English Proficiency.
**Hanson College specializes in educating international students and only accepts non-Canadian applicants possessing valid study permits into programs for which it partners with Cambrian College.
Database Design (STY1211, 4 credits)
Management scripting (CMP1006, 4 credits)
Local Area Networks (CET2306, 5 credits)
Install/Config Windows Servers (CET1019, 4 credits)
Cloud Fundamentals (CET1009, 3 credits)
MS Exchange Server (CET1006, 4 credits)
Cloud Application & Deployment (CET1010, 4 credits)
Inst/Stor/Comp Win Server 2016 (CET1017, 4 credits)
Mobile Device Fundamentals (CMP1007, 4 credits)
SQL Server (CMP1102, 4 credits)
Virtual Machine Manager (BTA1011, 4 credits)
Placement Preparation (BUS1061, 1 credit)
Sharepoint (CET1001, 3 credits)
Cloud Security (CET1011, 3 credits)
Cloud Strategies (CET1012, 5 credits)
Securing Windows Server 2016 (CET1020, 4 credits)
Co-Op (BUS1094, 12 credits)
- Fees do not include books (unless specifically noted), supplies or living costs.
- Fees do include medical insurance ($275) and ancillary fees ($414.40).
This fee is used to support technology in the classroom, open access labs, library technologies, program specific requests for specialized equipment within programs, required software to support academic program needs and learning tools and supports. As well as the development and support of Hanson App
- Student Life Centre
This fee assists in the running of the Student Centre and associated activities and services.
- Gym Memberships
This fee supports and provides the student with a membership to LA Fitness. Given the circumstances of COVID-19, this is currently not applicable to students.
- Student Recreation
This fee supports the intramural and extramural sporting events accessible to all students.
- Health Insurance
All students have access to health benefits. This fee covers the cost of that insurance. Students may be eligible to opt-out of this insurance and receive a refund from the provider if they have pre-existing and comparable coverage.
- Student ID & Print Card
This fee supports the production of the student card & student print card.
- Student Achievement and Records
This fee is for the preparation and/or completion and postage related to official letters, forms, transcripts, and other student records. This fee supports the costs associated with hosting convocation ceremonies for students, including providing regalia for graduates.
- Career Services
This fee supports career-related services, including career counselling, information sessions, career fair, etc.
- Academic Support
This fee supports services such as Peer Tutoring and other various Academic Workshops & Supports
- Health and Counselling
This fee provides students access to basic health resources and health professionals on campus, including mental health and well-being.
- CSC – Health Programming
The fee provides all students with access to various mental health programming opportunities provided by Hanson College. These may include animal therapy events, healthy eating education, and various awareness campaigns.