COVID-19 travel updates for international students
Effective as of March 2022
Stay updated on the latest COVID-19 announcements:
Hanson College of Business, Health & Technology is offering complimentary airport pick-up service to get you from Toronto Pearson Airport to your final destination safely.
To register for your complimentary airport pick-up service, please complete the Airport Pickup Application Form with limited accommodations upon request.
Don’t forget to download your Confirmation of Registration Letter from your myCambrian account by following the instructions below:
- Login to the myCambrian portal
- Go to the “Important Links” section
- Click on the Hanson Student tab and login
- Scroll down and click on Confirmation of Registration Letter
- Make sure you have this ready and accessible before travelling
Latest announcement from the Government of Canada:
As of February 28, 2022 – Canada will no longer require PCR tests for fully vaccinated travellers and will accept rapid tests. Rapid tests can be taken the day before arriving to Canada, and PCR tests can be taken 72 hours before a scheduled arrival at the border.
You can use this guide to help you develop a suitable quarantine plan to enter Canada and this checklist of what you need to have ready at the border when entering Canada.
Your “Proof of Vaccination” when entering Canada:
As of January 15, 2022, International Students will only be allowed entry to Canada if they are:
- 18+ years old
- Have at least 2 doses of a Canada-approved vaccine or
- A mix of 2 Canada-approved vaccines
If you were vaccinated with 2 doses outside of Canada:
- Register on ArriveCAN prior to travelling to Canada
- Sign in to ArriveCAN once you have successfully registered
- Upload your vaccination receipts on your account
- Watch a step-by-step guide on how to use ArriveCAN here
ArriveCAN is available for download on Google Play and the App Store
Government of Canada-approved vaccines when travelling to Canada:
- Johnson & Johnson
- Sinopharm (as of November 30, 2021)
- Sinovac (as of November 30, 2021)
- COVAXIN (as of November 30, 2021)
If you were vaccinated with 2 doses in Canada:
- You should have received an Ontario Ministry of Health Certificate:
- To acquire your Enhanced Proof of Vaccination with QR Code:
- Call the Provincial Vaccine Contact Centre at 1-833-943-3900
- Contact centre hours – 8:00AM to 8:00PM EST (Monday to Sunday)
- When you have your Enhanced Proof of Vaccination with QR Code:
Download the Verify Ontario App (available on Google Play and the App Store)
- Open the app and scan the QR Code on your Enhanced Proof of Vaccination
- The Verify Ontario App will show a verification that you are fully vaccinated
Travel Advice and Advisories:
Destination-specific travel information with important advice to help you make informed decisions. This information will help you travel safely while you are abroad.
Study Permit and Work Permit Guides:
CLICK HERE TO CHECK YOUR APPLICATION’S PROCESSING TIME
Job Search Resources:
Residence Search Resources:
Please email SettlementServicesONT@hansoncollege.com if you have any questions or concerns regarding your travel to Canada.