Your well-being is a priority
Being a student is stressful, especially when you are studying abroad and balancing several elements. If you ever start to feel overwhelmed, we want to remind you that you are not alone.
At Hanson College, we are dedicated to supporting our students through all their endeavours. We want to see you grow, not only academically and professionally, but also personally and emotionally. Your wellness and success are important to us.
How can our Mental Health and Wellness Counselor assist you?
Our Mental Health and Wellness Counselor is a Registered Psychotherapist and can provide professional help for Mental Health concerns including but not limited to:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Self-esteem Issues
- Domestic Abuse
- Trauma (PTSD)
- Behavioural Issues
- Relationship Issues
*1-on-1 appointments are confidential between the student and counselor*
How can our Immigration Consultant assist you?
Our Immigration Consultant is a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant under IRCC and can provide professional legal help for immigration concerns including but not limited to:
- Study Permit and CO-OP Work Permit application process
- Study Permit and CO-OP Work Permit extension process
- Questions about Post-Graduate Work Permit
- Questions about working on and off campus
- Questions about Temporary Resident Visas (TRVs)
- Questions about Electronic Travel Authorizations (ETAs)
- Immigration questions for a spouse, common-law partner, or relative
- COVID-19 Travel Restriction Guidelines
How can our Career Counselor assist you?
Our Career Counselor is a Career and Life Skills Coach who can provide professional advice and guidance for career-related concerns including but not limited to:
- How to improve your resume
- Preparing for a job interview (mock interview)
- How to expand your professional network
- How to expand your career options
- How to develop career and life skills
- Setting your career goal
- Other career-related questions
How can our Financial Advisor assist you?
Our Financial Advisor can provide professional advice and guidance for financial-related concerns including but not limited to:
- How to become financially stable as an International Student
- How to manage your income and expenses (Budgeting)
- Banking-related questions (What is a Chequings/Savings account?)
- Loan-related questions (What is a Student Line of Credit?)
- Tax-related questions (How do taxes work? What is a T22 or T4 Form?)
- Other finance-related questions
Booking an appointment
How do I book an appointment with Hanson’s counselors?
- Login to your Campus Login account
- Select “Online Counselling Services” under Menu
- Click the booking link or scan the barcode
- You will be directed to our Hanson College booking page
- Choose the type of service and provider (Counselor)
- Choose an available time and date for your appointment
- Enter your personal information and click “Submit”
- You will receive a Zoom link in the email you provided
*You will receive an email reminder the day before your appointment*